Hellmann Contract Logistics will unveil their innovative new facility in Apex Park, Daventry with a launch event on 20th July. The event includes a seminar on ‘The Future of E-commerce’ delivered by Lars Feldscher, Senior Vice President of Hellmann E-commerce and a tour of the state of the art new facility.
The hub was designed to achieve a minimum BREEAM 2011 ‘excellent’ accreditation and the best EPC rating possible for its size. The warehouse boasts a range of ground breaking facilities and services including:
- 35k sq. ft. racked (4,000 UK size pallet spaces)
- 47k sq. ft. marshalling/processing/bulk storage area
- 11 dock and level access doors
- On-site hub offices
- 7 day a week operations
- Double deck loading/unloading
- IT systems; WMS system, PC equipment, bar-code scanners, EDI integration with customer systems
- CCTV and card access security
- Value added services: re-work, label/tagging, QC, re-pack and minor assembly
- UK and Europe wide parcel/pallet or full load distribution with track & trace monitoring throughout
- Full end-to-end logistics solutions; collaborative partnerships with Hellmann Worldwide Logistics air, sea and road freight teams
- Sustainably designed to incorporate solar water heating and photovoltaic power systems‘
Situated in the heart of the logistics ‘golden triangle’ in Daventry, Northamptonshire the site is located 10 miles from the M1, 15 from the M6 and in close proximity to the Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT). Operations commenced in May 2016, with a blend of new and existing customers in the retail and manufacturing sectors.
Andrew Sulston, UK Director of Hellmann Contract Logistics commented:
“The launch of our new Daventry facility is a very exciting development that forms an integral part of the future of our contract logistics business in the UK. The state of the art hub offers a modern working environment for our team and is equipped with the latest IT systems, as well as being one of the most sustainable warehouses in the market place. We look forward to the continued development of ‘best in class’ service for our customers, not only in Daventry but throughout the UK.”
Notes to editor:
- If you would like to attend this event on Wednesday 20th July from 9.30 – 1pm, please contact John Henderson, General Manager – Commercial Contract Logistics UK via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics is one of the largest privately owned and family run logistical global networks, currently employing over 16,500 dedicated people to serve customers worldwide and operates from 443 branches across 157 countries.
- Hellmann’s UK network includes 12 branches based throughout the country including state of the art corporate headquarters at Fradley Park in Lichfield, Staffordshire.
- Lars Feldscher MBA, Senior Vice President of Hellmann E-commerce has extensive knowledge of e-commerce gained as a consultant for some of the top 100 companies in the world.
— ENDS —
To follow Hellmann UK on Twitter visit: twitter.com/HellmannUK